Gibson Guitar Corp, the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturer and lifestyle brand is seeking a qualified HR Representative to lead the human resources function in the Memphis, TN manufacturing facility (approx. 80 employees).
The HR Representative is responsible for performing broad professional human resources tasks to support policies and programs including benefit programs, employee relations, recruiting, performance management, organization development, HRIS and safety. Position responds to employee questions regarding HR policies and procedures and resolves employee problems using employee relations skills and methodologies. This position is expected to be a key business partner and liaison for division management and corporate.
- Provide consultation on human resource management issues to include: employee relations; performance management; dispute resolution; compliance and integrity; sexual harassment; safety; policy administration; and disseminating and providing guidance to business partners and associates on company policies and procedures in compliance with applicable state and federal laws.
- Gather information needed for investigations, identifies issues, and recommends resolutions. Identifies breaches of culture/ values that impact workplace.
- Identify barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with non-routine situations. May involve HR technical experts to troubleshoot and resolves issues. Determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Manage the following HR programs: 1) Benefit Administration -Med, Dental, Vision, 401K, 2) LOA and FMLA. Act as a liaison between the associate and benefits provider to solve benefit issues and 3) Payroll correction coordination and reporting.
- Source, recruit, interview, and select candidates to fill vacant positions.
- Assist management with writing effective and accurate job descriptions, requisition process and approval, salary administration, etc.
- Conduct exit interviews, summarizes findings, and writes executive overview. Manages employee engagement survey, summarizes findings, and facilitates follow-up and action items meetings.
- Coordinate and manage the performance review process for defined business partners.
- Assist in assessing, creating, conducting and measuring associate training.
- Plan, organize, facilitate, and execute associate teams, recognition programs, and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor`s (BA or BS) in Human Resource Management or related field (e.g. Business, Organizational Communication, Industrial Psychology) preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 4-7 years experience in a Human Resources.
- Proficiency in MS word, excel and power point.
- Professionalism to work with confidential information.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations relating to all HR/employment functions.
- PHR/ SPHR desired.
- Experience leading the HR function in a manufacturing environment is required.
Local candidates preferred as relocation is not offered.
Please send resume and salary requirements to: Executive@gibson.com
No Phone Calls