Gibson Guitar Corp, the world's premier musical instrument manufacturer and the home of such preeminent brands as Gibson, Epiphone, Baldwin and Wurlitzer, is looking for a Director of Human Resources to join the HR team. This position will be based out of Gibson's World Headquarters, located in beautiful Nashville, TN – the heart of Music City.
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for the management of the Human Resources Department and leads Gibson's Human Resources programs and service delivery efforts. The Director develops, implements, and aligns HR programs with business objectives, serving as a strategic partner to management while supporting employees in their day to day HR needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with senior management to implement and support Gibson policies, practices and programs.
- Supervise the HR staff and lead the HR team in creating an inviting and cohesive employee experience.
- Implement HR policies and programs including employee relations, recruiting and staffing, wage and salary administration, benefits, and management training.
- Partner with management to address day-to-day HR operational issues such as employee and labor relations, compensation reviews, escalated benefits issues, performance management and training.
- Provide objective and strategic input and guidance to employees at all levels of the organization including career development, and general management / employee relationship issues.
- Guide managers and employees in resolving employee relations issues by providing effective conflict resolution and coaching to with the ultimate goal of turning employee behavior around.
- Identify and implement training programs.
- Develop and implement effective hiring and employee retention programs.
- Oversee benefit programs and ensure HR Managers, and Business Partners provide local employee benefit support and leave processing including FMLA, STD, and Workers Comp.
- Act as an employee champion and change agent by anticipating HR-related needs and delivering value added services for the benefit of Gibson employees.
- Implement and manage compliance efforts with federal, state and local laws and regulations relating to all aspects of the employee life cycle.
- Investigate claims of misconduct and escalates to legal and security team as required.
- Develop and manage annual budgets for the department and perform periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation to insure regulatory compliance. Identifies trends that could impact the organization objectives.
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy including company goals, mission, financial position, strategy, competition, technology and culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- B.A. required. Human Resources or Business related Master's degree preferred.
- GPHR, SPHR or PHR strongly desired.
- Eight years + experience in an HR capacity with increasing responsibility to include at least three (3) years in a management role, preferably in a multi-location environment. Experience in manufacturing industry a significant plus.
- Exhibits excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Requires outstanding interpersonal, coaching and listening skills with the ability to communicate within all levels of the organization.
- Expert knowledge of Federal, State and local employment and wage laws and regulations.
- Familiarity with organizational development theory and practices.
- Proven ability to remain objective, discrete and exercise common sense at all times. Able to develop strong, trusting relationships within department and organization.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and able to work on various projects simultaneously, requiring strong organizational and time management skills.
- Functional working knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, Visio, and Outlook required. SharePoint experience a plus.
*Gibson offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and paid time off.
To be considered for this position, please send resume and salary history to email@example.com and put "Director HR" in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.