Gibson Guitar Corp, the world's premier musical instrument manufacturer and the home of such preeminent brands as Gibson, Epiphone, Baldwin and Wurlitzer, is looking for a Director of Global Learning and Development to join the HR team. This position will be based out of Gibson's World Headquarters, located in beautiful Nashville, TN – the heart of Music City.
The Director of Global Learning and Development is responsible for the management of the World-wide Learning and Development Organization and leads organizational assessment, design, development , implementation, measurement and reporting of global learning and development initiatives. The Director develops, implements, and aligns global Learning and Development programs with business strategy. This role will also identify and implement organizational methodology for process improvement, performance management and succession planning across the organization to assist the business in organizational readiness, operational efficiency and effectiveness, and bottom line results. The Director of Global Learning and Development will report to the Chief People Officer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop a comprehensive curriculum that provides accessible and relevant training for employees at all levels with an emphasis on soft skill, technical and product related programs.
- Work with global business leaders and managers across the business to identify skill gaps, training opportunities and develop/deliver training solutions.
- Develop a systematic approach to designing and delivering training programs in support of the global business objectives that emphasize active learning and appropriate instruction technologies (blended learning platform).
- Drive ongoing learning needs analysis, design, development, assessment, implementation and evaluation of training materials to ensure alignment with business strategy.
- Facilitate, design and develop global training solutions as needed including developing and leading train-the-trainer sessions for the global HR team on newly designed training curricula.
- Design a training dashboard with meaningful metrics and publish to business leaders in alignment with the organizational strategy.
- Partner with global business managers and talent team to effectively assess needs and implement development programs to accomplish specific business objectives including: change management, performance management, employee satisfaction survey, leadership competency development, and implementation of enterprise-wide programs (global roll-out).
- Manage relationships with external providers.
- Develop and manage a global training budget.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends to insure regulatory compliance. Identifies trends that could impact the organization objectives.
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy including company goals, mission, financial position, strategy, competition, technology and culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- B.A. required. Master's Degree in OD, Instructional Design, IO psychology or MBA preferred.
- CLP strongly desired.
- Eight years + in Learning & Development.
- Experience leading the training organization for a global company strongly desired.
- Experience in manufacturing industry a significant plus.
- Exhibits excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Requires outstanding interpersonal, coaching and listening skills with the ability to communicate within all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership in soft skill, product and technical training.
- Experience developing highly customized programs.
- Experience with self-paced, on-line, blended and distance learning.
- Experience in instructional design and building accredited programs through recognized colleges and universities desired.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, Visio, and Outlook required. SharePoint experience a plus.
*Gibson offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and paid time off.
To be considered for this position, please send resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org and put "Director Global Learning and Development" in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.