Gibson Guitar Corp, the world’s premier musical instrument manufacturer and the home of such preeminent brands as Gibson, Epiphone, Baldwin and Wurlitzer, is looking for an Events Production Manager to join the Gibson Events team. This position will be based out of Nashville, TN.POSITION SUMMARY:
The Events Production Manager works with Director of Events to produce and manage the company presence at corporate events worldwide, including festivals, trade and consumer shows, promotional tours, traveling exhibitions and more, both domestic and international. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops event concepts, budgets, visual elements and promotional initiatives.
• Performs events needs assessments followed by detailed planning and production arrangements.
• Communicates proactively to internal departments (e.g., marketing groups, company divisions, key executives, distribution centers) and external parties (e.g., vendors, promoters, associations, promotional partners).
• Books event space and coordinates services, such as display properties, labor, electrical needs, signage, printing, security, audiovisual & stage equipment, credentials, catering, accommodation and transportation for participant, etc.
• Participates in the set up and teardown of event properties, product and equipment, which involves physical labor such as unpacking/packing, lifting, moving, loading/unloading, etc.
• Coordinates shipping arrangements for event product, properties and supplies.
• Researches, negotiates and recommends events for participation; writes and edits event proposals.
• Communicates event details to the PR, Social Media and Editorial team. Assists with PR and Social Media initiatives.
• Helps to maintain the events calendar; compiles and reports event results data (metrics, photos, summary)
• Maintains an inventory of event properties and supplies.
• Helps to monitor event activities to ensure compliance with regulations, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
• Tracks vendor deliverables; ensures adherence to budget and guidelines
• Helps to supervise the onsite installation of event structures, properties and equipment.
• Reviews event invoices for accuracy, tracks event expenses for budget reconciliation.
• Some coordination and scheduling of talent (musical performances, demos, signings, etc). Assists with the scheduling of 3 promotional tour buses.
• Regular travel, domestic and international.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have excellent planning and organizational skills with attention to detail and deadlines.
• Familiarity with marketing concepts; PR experience desired.
• Ability to develop individual event budgets, manage costs and track expenses for reconciliation.
• Must have excellent people skills and be comfortable working with the public.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
• Professional tour management experience is beneficial but not essential
• Pro-Audio, Consumer Electronics or Musical Instrument industry experience desired
• High School or equivalent required. Bachelors Degree preferred.
• Minimum of 5+ years experience in a similar position required.PHYSICAL DEMAND AND WORK EFFORT:
• Ability to work in fast paced, rapidly changing environment
• Ability to lift 50lbs on a regular basis
• Ability to operate standard power tools (e.g., drill).
• Ability to prioritize, think fast and problem-solve “on the fly”
• Ability to work responsibly under minimal supervision
• Ability to travel regularly within the U.S. and overseas (will need a passport)
• Valid U.S. driver license with ability to drive a cargo or passenger van
• Keying/typing, sitting, standing, walking.
• Compliance with company attendance standards. Work hours may vary during peak production cycles.
• FLSA status: Salaried, Exempt.
*Gibson offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and paid time off.
To be considered for this position, please send resume and salary history to Executive@gibson.com
“Events Production Manager
” in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.