Guards industrial or commercial property against fire, theft, vandalism and illegal entry.Functions:
• Patrols, periodically, buildings and grounds of industrial plant or commercial establishment, docks or work site
• May operate and monitor security control panels, alarms and related security equipment
• Opens and closes facility, ensuring that users have left the premises
• Maintains logs and records of occurrences, completes necessary paperwork, and may use computer terminal to input and retrieve data
• Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
• Preserves order and enforces security regulations
• Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
• Inspects equipment to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
• Watches for and reports conditions that could result in injury or loss due to fire hazards, leaking pipes, spills, faulty equipment, etc.
• Checks personnel for proper identification and clearance
• Permits authorized people to enter property
• Checks incoming and outgoing packages
• Observes departing personnel to guard against theft of company property
• Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire, difficulty and unauthorized people, or medical emergencies
• May record data, such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use by supervisory staff
• May monitor and set thermostatic controls to maintain specified temperature in buildings or cold storage rooms
• May regulate vehicle and pedestrian traffic at plant entrance to maintain orderly flow
• May watch for fires
• May be designated according to shift worked, area guarded, or property guarded
• May be designated according to establishment guarded
• With proper licensing, may be designated Armed Security Guard Requirements
• High school graduate or GED
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to read, write and speak the English language
• Responsible and professional
• Military or Law Enforcement experience a plus
• Must be licensed Tennessee Security Officer
Local candidates only as relocation is not offered.
To apply, please send your resume and salary history as an attached Word document to email@example.com
. Please put “Security Guard” in the subject line.